Monday, May 23, 2005

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 5/23/2005
NO INS-RELATED NIGHTMARES FOR ME!

Just got a postcard in my mailbox on Saturday...I got permanent residency! That's like a green card for the U.S. Basically, what it means is that you don't have to go to immigration and prove you are married every three years and pay $100 to have the privilege to do so. It's awesome!!!

So, no, if you are asking: I am not a Japanese citizen, nor do I plan on giving up my American citizenship...even with the current administration bungling every single thing on earth. :)

3 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Anonymous said...

Wow!
I still don't have mine yet. It's next on our list of things to get done. i got my new 3 yr lease last month:)

Anonymous said...

oh, sorry. forgot my name.
winnie

Ed said...

Hey - congrats on the permanent residency. Glad to hear you're still an American despite the rodeo circus currently running Washington.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review