Monday, May 9, 2005

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 5/09/2005
MUST...KEEP...EYES...OPEN....

E7 and I got back from our "Golden Week" vacation last night. I have awful jet lag and a terrible cold...but we had a wonderful time! We flew into Vienna where we spent 2 days going to one of the palaces and to see The Kiss by Gustav Klimt at one of the galleries. Definitely a highlight. He is one of my favorite artists. We took the train from Vienna to Hallstatt, which is a picturesque little town/village on a lakefront. It is a World Heritage site and is located near salt mines (we took a tour, which was really interesting). Had a lovely time there relaxing and taking strolls along the lakeside.

We then took a 7 hour(!) train ride from Hallstatt to Cesky Krumlov, which was really nice. I love going through immigration on the train. It's so surreal. That town is also a World Heritage site and is a castle town (similar to Toledo or Avila in Spain). Wonderful little winding roads...

At the end, we took a bus (about 4 hours) from Cesky Krumlov to Prague, which I ABSOLUTELY loved!!! Prague has replaced Paris as my favorite European city. It was amazing...we were there for only 2 days but walked ALL over the place. The entire city is cobblestoned and just wonderful. We only went to one "tourist site"--Prague Castle--and spent the rest of the time wandering around. Will post when I get around to putting pictures up!

I am looking forward to hearing about my mom's trip to Haiti with her medical team. Will update you all about that when she gets back!

2 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Ed said...

Hey Chrissy welcome home! Sounds like you had a great time (but are paying for it now!) Looking forward to seeing the trip pics. Most of my friends who live in Europe (except the Germans) identify Prague or Florence as their #1/#2 cities of choice. Even the Madrilena Gemma said that Prague completely took her breath away. Can't wait to see the pics!

Anonymous said...

Most definitely on my list of places to go!!
Love Mom

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review