Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 4/20/2005
A LITTLE UPDATE...

So much has happened since January! I don't even know where to start. Well, E7 didn't get the transfer to New York. It was a dark day when we heard but we've since adjusted and are moving on!

Work hit its low point sometime around March, but I am now over that and planning my future! It's great. Just to summarize...I went from

1. Getting a promotion and a raise to maybe having no job at all (February-March)

2. Keeping my job with no clear description of what I am doing (March-April)

3. Having my pseudo boss just say that we have no money to do anything this year.

4. Having the researchers who are at this office move back to the head office...leaving me alone with my pseudo boss.

No one in the office talks to each other...everyone sits next to each other and when we have something to say, we send email.

I applied for a job at the US Consulate but didn't get it (it was for a receptionist and as I was writing my resume, it was just so painfully obvious that I wasn't qualified for the job...overqualified?). So I've started working on the details of getting my own company started (freelance translation) and am looking for an easy 9-5 job so I can get that off the ground. My current job has me working until 11 or 12 midnight and isn't giving me anything in return.
Vent over...FOR NOW!

My freelance translation business idea took off about 3 weeks ago when my job was just unbearable. I had to basically finish up a 50 page report for the president of the institute, make up PR materials (posters and media kit...because I am also a media mogul and can make things up in an instant!) for the ministerial conference I just came back from, and write a 100 page report for the Ministry of the Environment of Japan for the work that was done on my program for the last year. These were all due on the same day.

The problem is that I don't have a clear description of my job which means that they think that I have to do everything. Why that translates to coordinator/PR girl/webmaster/program planner/implementer/database/etc/etc/etc, I have no idea.

Anyway, I will keep you all posted about my plans...I am making up a list of the people that I have worked with and for in the past with translation/interpretation and am in contact with them all.

0 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review