Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 4/20/2005
IT'S A POSTING FRENZY!!!

So I don't post for 4 months and then I go crazy...take it where you can get it!

Shake, rattle and roll...

I guess E7 learned his lesson about earthquakes in this area. Because there haven't been any large ones in the recent memory of people his age, last month when the 7 magnitude quake struck, he just stayed in bed and practically didn't even wake up.

Anyway, at 6AM this morning, there was another earthquake (5.7 on the Richter scale). I was totally asleep. I think I was dreaming that I was on a rocking boat when I get this rude awakening from E7, pushing me out of bed and pulling me towards the front door of our apartment. I am such a trusting person. I had NO idea why he was pulling me to the front door because I was in such a deep sleep that I didn't realize there was an earthquake going on...but I went along with him.

I didn't even question why he was bringing me outside in the early hours of the morning.

We both were hysterical laughing when we got to the door...guess lack of sleep and fear will do that to you, huh? Anyway, things are fine here. Nothing fell or broke, unlike the last earthquake(!) but people are still not in the office because trains aren't running...wonderful little aftershocks to entertain me throughout the morning though.

1 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're becoming the experts on earthquakes. I can't even imagine what it must feel like.

Mom

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review