Tuesday, December 7, 2004

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 12/07/2004
Had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday...I ended up collapsing onto the couch when it was over, completely shattered. There were about 25 people there, with kids racing all over the place (I don't know what my downstairs neighbor must have been thinking!).

While we were waiting for everyone to arrive, we started out with light snacks: cheese & crackers, wine, some chocolate and chips for the kids

For dinner, I made: turkey (6lb, USD 40), stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potato pie (mashed sweet potatoes with melted marshmellows on top...mmmm), bread, salad, and corn. Other people brought chestnuts, sushi, and chicken cutlets.

For dessert, I made: chocolate cream pie, pumpkin pie, and egg nog. Friends brought apple pie, cherry pie, eclairs, cookies, and other assorted desserts. Coffee and tea topped the day.

E7 was wonderful. He ran errands for me all day Saturday and in the morning on Sunday. He even ran out a second time when I realized that I had thrown away eggs that I needed to make the egg nog (he also responded to an emergency phone call from me also asking him to pick up bandaids since I had just cut my finger) :) What a tropper!

E7 is not a big fan of the Thanksgiving fare (actually, both he and I eat practically nothing on Thanskgiving...except for stuffing and cornbread, which I forgot to add to my list this year!)...I wonder if the other Japanese people who come also don't like it but are too polite to say so? Hmmmmm.....

PHOTOS (under "Thanksgiving" folder)

1 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Anonymous said...

Nice Thanksgiving pics!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review