Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 11/24/2004
Excellent, excellent weekend at my foreign wives mini-convention in Miyazaki (in Takachiho which is one of the most beautiful places in Japan). These are some pictures of that area (not mine!).

It took me about 5 hours to get there (and 5 hours back!) but I had great company of a woman from Australia who has lived in Japan for about 20 years. There were 5 women who came to the weekend and everyone had a story about why they were here. Some of the women I met were the only foreigners in their towns (with populations of 1,000 people or so) and lived about 5-6 hours away from the nearest non-Japanese person. There are some women who don't have any chances to speak English and had to negotiate quite hard with their MILs to get away for the weekend.

When we arrived, the woman who was hosting the event had gin and tonics ready (I arrived with Godiva chocolates so I was very popular!) and we all sat down to wait for the arrival of late guests and for dinner to start. Dinner was amazing...fish, Japanese delicacies, everything you could think of (together with champagne and wine!). After dinner we went out to the hot springs and then to karaoke for about 2 hours. We stayed up until the wee hours of the morning chatting.

Sunday, we all got up at 7:30 to do yoga for a bit before breakfast. After breakfast, we went on a tour of the area until about 3PM. It was really nice and I ended up coming back to Kitakyushu exhausted but relaxed. When I have pictures, I will make sure to post them!

0 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review